What is Bharat Interface for Money(BHIM) ?
What is Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) ?
- Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is an app that lets you make easy
and quick payment transactions using UPI. Its easier than Wallets! You will not
have to fill-out those tedious bank account details again and again. You can
easily make direct bank to bank payments and instantly collect money using just
Mobile number or Payment address.
- As fast as it can get! All payments over Bharat Interface
for Money are linked to your bank account and transaction can be completed
within few seconds.
- There are no charges for making transaction through Bharat
Interface for Money. Note – Your bank might however levy a nominal charge as
UPI or IMPS transfer fee which is not under our control. Please check with your
bank for more details.
- Bharat Interface for Money app is currently available on
Android (Version 8 and above) and iOS mobiles (Version 5 and above). We will be
making our app available on other platforms very soon.
- To start using Bharat Interface for Money all you need is a
Smartphone, Internet access, an Indian bank account that supports UPI payments
and mobile number linked to the bank account. Link your bank account to UPI
through the app.
- Your account need not be enabled for mobile banking to use
Bharat Interface for Money. Your mobile number shall have to be registered with
- To enable transfers directly using your bank account, your
bank needs to be live on UPI (Unified Payment Interface) platform. All the
banks, which are currently live on UPI, have been listed in the Bharat
Interface for Money app.
- You can set your UPI PIN by going to Main Menu -Bank
Accounts -Set UPI-PIN for the selected account. You will be prompted to enter
the last 6 digits of your Debit/ATM card along with the expiry date. You will
then receive an OTP which you will enter and set your UPI PIN. Note – ‘UPI-PIN
is not the same as MPIN provided by your bank for mobile banking’.
- Currently, Bharat Interface for Money supports linking of
one Bank only. At the time of account set-up, you can link your preferred bank
account as the default account. In case you want to link another bank account,
you can go to Main menu, choose Bank Accounts and select your default account.
Any money that is transferred to you using your mobile number or payment
address will be credited into your default account.
- This is a banking network (UPI) requirement. The mobile
number which is used to register with Bharat Interface for Money is used to
match the bank accounts linked against it.
- At the time of registration you will be providing us with
the Debit card details and with the use your mobile number registered to your
bank account, we will pre-fetch the details from your bank. All the information
exchange happens over secure banking networks and we don’t store it, your
information is safe!
- Unified Payment Interface(UPI) is an instant payment system
developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an RBI
regulated entity. UPI is built over the IMPS infrastructure and allows you to
instantly transfer money between any two parties bank accounts.