What is Fitch Rating ?
About Fitch Group:
- Fitch Ratings was founded as the Fitch Publishing Company on
December 24, 1913 by John Knowles Fitch.
- In 1924, the Fitch Publishing Company introduced the now
familiar "AAA" to "D" ratings scale to meet the growing
demand for independent analysis of financial securities.
- Fitch Ratings was one
of the three ratings agencies first recognized as a nationally recognized
statistical rating organization (NRSRO) by the Securities and Exchanges
Commission in 1975.
- In 1989, Fitch Ratings was recapitalized under a new
management team and has since experienced dramatic growth.
- In 1997, Fitch
Ratings merged with IBCA Limited, headquartered in London.
- Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information
services with operations in more than 30 countries.
- It has joint headquarters in London and New York.
- Fitch Group is majority owned by Hearst Corporation.
- Today, Fitch Ratings is a global rating agency dedicated to providing the world's credit markets with independent and prospective credit opinions, research and data.
Fitch Group is comprised of:
- 1) Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and
- 2) Fitch Solutions, a leading provider of credit market
data, analytical tools and risk services.
- 3) BMI Research, an independent provider of country risk and
industry analysis specializing in emerging and frontier markets.
- 4) Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional