What is National Adaptation Fund for Climate Change (NAFCC) ?
National Adaptation Fund for Climate Change :
- The National Adaptation Fund for Climate Change (NAFCC) is a Central Sector Scheme.
- It was set up in the year 2015-16.
- The overall aim of NAFCC is to support concrete adaptation activities which mitigate the adverse effects of climate change.
- The activities under this scheme are implemented in a project mode.
- The projects related to adaptation in sectors such as agriculture, animal husbandry, water, forestry, tourism etc. are eligible for funding under NAFCC.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is the National Implementing Entity (NIE).
- The States/UTs are required to prepare the project proposal in consultation with NIE i.e. NABARD.
- The project proposals are required to be approved by the State Steering Committee on Climate Change to be eligible for consideration under NAFCC.
- It is the discretion of the State Government to engage any organization to assist in project preparation, as per their requirement.