What is NITI Aayog?
Its executives are :-
- NITI Aayog' is stands for the National Institution for
- It is a Government of
India policy think-tank established by the BJP government to replace the
Planning Commission which followed the top-down model.
- The main aim is to create to foster involvement and
participation in the economic policy-making process by the State Governments of
- The emphasis is on bottom-up approach and make the country
to move towards cooperative federalism .
- The Union Government of India announced the formation of
NITI Aayog on 1 January 2015, and the first meeting was held on 8 February
- The Prime Minister serves as the Ex-officio chairman.
- The governing council consists of all state Chief Ministers,
chief ministers of Delhi and Puducherry, Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and
Nicobar, and vice chairman nominated by the Prime Minister.
- In addition to full
members, there are two part-time members and four ex-officio members and a
chief executive officer.
- The temporary members are selected from the leading
universities and research institutions.
- Its headquarters is located at New Delhi.
- Narendra Modi, Chairman
- Arvind Panagariya, Vice Chairman
- Bibek Debroy, Member
- V. K. Saraswat, Member
- Ramesh Chand, Member
- Amitabh Kant, CEO